How to Get Free Government iPhone 11
Smartphones have become a necessity for everyone these days. Intelligent devices are practical, and portable, and allow us to keep in touch with family members, friends, work, education, healthcare, and other emergency services.
Due to the wide variety of phone brands and models available today, some brands and models are naturally more popular than others. U.S. consumers prefer Apple phones. They are reliable, durable, powerful, attractive, and packed with exciting features and security features. Unfortunately, the Apple iPhone is one of the most expensive smartphones on the market.
But don’t worry! Free iPhones are available in several ways! The government assists low-income individuals in need through the government assistance program.
Is It Possible to Get a Free iPhone 11 Under the Government Assistant Program?
Several participating wireless providers are offering free iPhones to eligible customers in need thanks to the combination of government funds from Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Programs (ACP). However, expecting the government to provide a free iPhone 11 is unrealistic. It’s no secret that the iPhone 11 is one of the most advanced and popular iPhones to date, even though it was only released in September 2019. The government cannot afford to cover its retail prices.
It’s impossible to get a free iPhone 11 from the government, so the answer is no. However, some Lifeline and ACP providers also offer several older iPhone models.
What Model of iPhone Does the Government Provide for Free?
There are some providers of Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Programs that do not offer the iPhone 11 but do offer other generations and older iPhone models for free. Free government iPhone models include:
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 8
Lifeline providers previously offered only entry-level and mid-range Android smartphones and feature phones. The Affordable Connectivity Program was launched by the government during the pandemic, and wireless providers who participated in both programs finally had the resources to offer older Android smartphones and even Apple iPhones. ACP and Lifeline benefits are available from many wireless providers, but only a few of them offer iPhones as well.
What is the Process to Get a Free iPhone Provided by the Government?
There are currently only two government assistance programs that provide free iPhones – Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity.
Providing low-income people and households with communications services is the purpose of Lifeline. The government recognized the importance of communications services in the mid-80s. Provides discounts on wireless, internet, and phone service. Free government phones are also offered by some Lifeline providers.
The Affordable Connectivity Program offers discounts on monthly broadband services as a brand-new program. For internet-connected devices such as tablets, laptops, and desktop computers, some ACP providers also offer one-time discounts of up to $100.
ACP and Lifeline benefits offer free iPhones to the government only through select wireless companies. Here are the steps you need to take to get a free iPhone from the government:
- Check your eligibility for Lifeline and ACP. The next chapter explains eligibility.
- Proof of eligibility is also important. Just claiming your eligibility won’t cut it. Documents acceptable as proof are listed below.
- The Lifeline and ACP programs are free. Then find an ACP and Lifeline provider in your state that offers free government iPhones and apply for one. The Lifeline and ACP programs can also be applied directly from your provider. Here’s how it works.
- You’ll receive a free device. You can still receive a high-quality iPhone model, even though a free iPhone 11 is not available.
How to Qualify for a Free iPhone from the Government?
Free government iPhones are only provided by providers that offer both Lifeline and ACP benefits. Lifeline-only providers may offer entry-level flip phones and mid-range Android phones. Both programs must be qualified.
Qualifying criteria are determined by the government.
A household is Lifeline-eligible if it meets one of the following criteria:
- Income-based eligibility: Families earning less than 135% of the poverty line are eligible.
- Program participation-based eligibility: A household member participates in at least one of the following qualifying government assistance programs, federal or tribal:
- SNAP – Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, formerly known as Food Stamps
- SSI – Supplemental Security Income
- FPHA – Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Head Start (only households meeting the income qualifying standard)
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF)
A household is ACP-eligible if it meets one of the following criteria:
- Income-based eligibility: The household’s annual income is at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines.
- Program participation-based eligibility:
- Lifeline or any of the Lifeline-qualifying assistance programs listed above are available to a household member.
- A household member participates in WIC (Women, Infants, and Children’s Special Supplemental Nutrition Program).
- Homeowners participate in Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Programs and School Breakfast Programs, including at schools with USDA Community Eligibility Provisions.
- Federal Pell Grants were awarded in the current award year to the household.
The purpose of studying households instead of individuals may be unclear to you at this point. Government rules limit the amount of Lifeline and/or ACP benefits a household can receive. Furthermore, the benefit is not transferable.
Those seeking assistance must meet the eligibility criteria listed above, as well as be 18 years old or emancipated minors. Furthermore, an applicant can only choose a provider whose services are offered in the state where he or she resides.
What Are the Documents Required While Applying for a Free Government iPhone?
There is no point in claiming you qualify for a free iPhone because you don’t qualify. A valid, official document will be required instead to prove your eligibility.
Depending on your eligibility criteria and what information the provider is able to verify on its own, there are 4 basic types of proof documentation:
- Proof of identity or age, such as:
- A valid government, military, state, or tribal identification
- Certificate of Birth
- U.S. Certificate of Naturalization or Citizenship
- License to drive
- The document describing the government assistance program
- The passport
- Green Card or Permanent Resident Card
- Your full legal name and date of birth must appear on another valid official document
- An address proof, such as:
- Government, state, or tribal identification is required
- License to drive
- Statement of mortgage or lease
- W-2 or tax return from the most recent year
- Bill from the utility company
- Your full legal name and physical address must appear on a valid official document
- Proof of household income, such as:
- Award of child support
- Your employer’s income statement or paycheck stubs
- Decree of divorce
- General Assistance notice letter from the federal or tribal government
- Tax return for the prior year, whether it is a state, federal, or tribal
- Benefits statement for unemployment or workers’ compensation
- Benefits statement from the Veterans Administration
- Your full legal name and annual household income must appear on a valid official document
- Government assistance proof, such as:
- Approval letter
- Benefit award letter
- Benefit verification letter
- Statement of benefits
- An official document containing your full legal name, the name of the assistance program, the name of the institution issuing the document, and the issue date within the past year or the date of expiration in the future
Additionally, you may be required to provide:
- Your Social Security Number or Tribal ID Number
- Your duplicate address
- Proof of emancipation (in case of emancipated minors)
- Proof of life
How to Apply for a Free Government iPhone 11
Unfortunately, there are currently no Lifeline and ACP providers that would offer a free government iPhone 11. Nevertheless, you can apply for another free iPhone model.
There are three ways to apply for the Lifeline and ACP program and receive a free government iPhone:
To apply for Lifeline and ACP programs online through the Lifeline/ACP support center, follow these simple instructions:
- Visit nv.fcc.gov/lifeline (Lifeline online application form) or nv.fcc.gov/lifeline/?id=nv_flow&amp;amp;amp;ebbp=true (ACP online application form).
- You may be required to choose your state or territory and press ‘Get started’. You may also be asked to log in or create a new account.
- You will be redirected to the online application form. Complete it by providing the required information and documentation.
- At the bottom of each page, press ‘Next’, and submit your application at the end.
- Print out a Lifeline application at lifelinesupport.org/wp-content/uploads/documents/get-lifeline/LI_Application_NVstates.pdf and ACP application at affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/ACP-Application-Form-English.pdf.
- When applying for the ACP program, it is highly advisable to include a Household Worksheet, which can be found at affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/lifeline/images/ACP-Household-Worksheet-English.pdf.
- Complete the forms and add copies of your proof documentation.
- Send the package to Lifeline/ACP Support Center, PO Box 7081, London, KY 40742.
Directly through the selected provider
Lifeline and ACP providers may require customers to apply first at Lifeline/ACP support centers or National Verifiers, but others offer clients the opportunity to apply directly on their websites.
In order to get a free government iPhone directly from the provider, you must find a company in your area that offers the service. You can apply for a free government iPhone in the next section by finding a provider.
Which Companies Offer Free Government iPhones?
Lifeline and ACP providers do not currently offer a free government iPhone 11 due to the iPhone 11 being one of the most expensive and latest iPhone models. However, there are very few that offer other free government iPhone models. Additionally, all of these providers are affiliates of the same owner, so their offers and application processes are similar.
Cintex Wireless offers generous Lifeline and ACP plans. The most valuable plans are Lifeline, ACP, and Lifeline + ACP. The provider also offers free wireless services, including high-speed data, talk, and text.
Visit Cintex Wireless to apply. You can apply now. A new page will appear. Press ‘Apply now’ again after entering your ZIP code. Your state’s offer page will appear if the company offers its services in your area. Your area may be covered by one of their affiliate companies. Accept to be redirected to AirTalk or NewPhone’s website. Press ‘Apply Now’ to choose the plan that fits your needs best. After completing the application form, submit it. If your application gets accepted, you are be notified via email.
Besides free phones, Cintex’s affiliate company, AirTalk Wireless, offers free monthly wireless services with free talk, text, and high-speed data.
Apply at airtalkwireless.com. Your state’s offer page will be redirected if services are available in your ZIP code. Find your perfect plan. Fill out the online application. If it gets approved, you will be notified.
Cintex and AirTalk affiliate NewPhone Wireless. Customers can get a free government iPhone or another free phone as part of Lifeline, ACP, or Lifeline + ACP combo plans, as well as free monthly wireless services with free talk, text, and data.
Newphone.com offers these benefits. Enter your ZIP code when redirected to ‘Apply Now’. You can select a plan that you qualify for if the company’s free services are available in your area. The online application form will be displayed once you press ‘Apply Now’ again. Submit it.
What Else Can I Get With a Free iPhone if I’m Lifeline Eligible?
The government may not offer a free iPhone 11, but it may offer another free iPhone model. Moreover, the government also offers several other benefits, including:
- A monthly Lifeline discount on phone, wireless, or internet services of up to $9.25 and $34.25 for eligible Tribal households.
- A monthly ACP discount on broadband services of up to $30 or $75 for eligible Tribal households.
- Certain ACP providers (including the three listed above) also offer a discount on internet-connected devices.
- Free monthly services with:
- Free talk minutes
- Free text messages
- Free monthly data
FAQs on Government iPhones
Does Apple Offer Free iPhones?
Free iPhones are rare from Apple. Apple probably only gives away free iPhones to people with large social media followings and who promote the device to thousands or millions of people.
Can the government provide iPhone 12 for free?
There are no free advanced, new, or expensive devices offered by the government.
Does the government offer a free iPhone 13s?
These advanced, new, and expensive devices are not free from the government.
Can I get iPhone 14 for free?
In light of the new iPhone 14 model’s release, some major carriers already offer the device for free. Some strict conditions must be met to obtain it.
Is it Possible to Get a Free iPhone 11?
Of course. In addition to participating in online surveys or giveaway contests, or becoming a reviewer or free marketing agent, you can also receive a free iPhone 11 (and other devices) without a scam.